10 Tips to Build Your Resilience
Resilience is that ineffable quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger than ever. Rather than letting failure overcome them and drain their resolve, they find a way to rise from the ashes. Psychologists have identified some of the factors that make someone resilient, among them a positive attitude, optimism, the ability to regulate emotions, and the ability to see failure as a form of helpful feedback. Even after a misfortune, blessed with such an outlook, resilient people are able to change course and soldier on (Psychology Today).
Here are the ten steps to build your resilience:
- Have the courage to be imperfect
- Take time for yourself
- Join a social club; do some course if you are not working.
- Be active in as many ways you can
- Have good company. Find time with your friends.
- Be aware that laughter is the best medicine! Find reasons to laugh out louder!
- Sleep at least 8 hours everyday (Read Sleep Hygiene Handout)
- Seek help when you need; asking help is a positive behavior!
- Remember, this too shall pass…
- Don’t bottle up. Talk to someone who you can trust. Remember, today’s friend could turn tomorrow’s enemy. So, think twice before sharing all your too personal and private things with a friend. This is where counseling with a trained professional is recommended.
Take Online Counseling or Psychotherapy for mental health problems now.